Friday, December 14, 2012

Knit Group at Two Rivers Yarns

 
In session: working, laughing, in deep conversation!
Wednesday evenings from 6pm-8pm is the Two Rivers Yarn shop knit group.  Everyone is very warm and welcoming.  I was a new-comer this week to the group.   The shop is such a nice atmosphere to knit, spin, see what others are doing and chat about life and fiber.
 
Spinning at the group too!
Of course, we all had a few sweets and tea. Then I had a chance to hand out a few silly yarn notions and business cards. And, the group had me speak for a few minuts on the art of dying and fun of working with color.
 
Some display from the trunk show!
I also got to inverview the group a little and found there were not just knitters there - crocheters, spinners, felters, weavers, quilting was big too!  A little impulse shopping went on because we couldn't help ourselves.  I bought a beautiful little handmade shawl pin (by a relative of one of the evening's knitters).  So nice to buy local! 
 
Colors for winter, spring, summer, fall !
Part and parcel was "show and tell" which was fabulous.  And I am definitely bias in this case.  Linda Minnick of Mid Valley Fibers had knit tons.  She showed some holiday presents she had finished, but she gave a big plug for work she had done with Avalon Springs Farm yarn.  In particular, the Celtic Knot yarn bundles I make (multiple textured yarns of the same weight in a dye bath together.  I am pictured below wearing the shawl and since there was plenty more yarn, she began a triangle pattern textured scarf too. 
 
Avid dyer, beginner knitter.
Purple seems to be a favorite color of the evening too as I have been requested to make much more yarn in purple.  For my current trunk show there I have several yarn bases and lots of little knit kits (great for gifts).  The show runs through next Wednesday evening, the 19th.  So please do come on by - through the week or see you at knit group!
 

Work in progress from Mid Valley Fibers using Avalon Springs Farm yarn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment