Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome


Avalon Springs Farm is a small farmette located in Mount Airy, Maryland U.S.A.



We have been raising Angora and Colored Angora goats for just a bit over a decade now. We have a standing herd size of about thirty to forty goats. We also have a guard Llama, named Luna (who is currently expecting -- we are very excited), and we have Alpacas too. We have three gelded males, one stud, and two breeding females, and one new baby! We also have a flock of endangered species chickens & several peacocks.



My education and career has been in art; I've been a public school art teacher for eleven years. Currently I am an at-home Mom and full time fiber artist & farmer.



Our farm website is: http://www.avalonspringsfarm.com/

Our on line store is: http://www.avalonspringsfarm.etsy.com/



We are delighted you have come to read, please enjoy....

4 comments:

  1. I think your blog is fascinating. I learned somethings I did not know about Llamas in general and Luna in particular. I loved reading it and look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing. I want to learn more about goats, farming, llamas, etc.

    rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your blog! You are a fantastic writer and I was completely captivated. All of your posts are interesting and I had no idea that chickens were endangered! Once spring comes you should write about all your yummy fresh produce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your description of what you do. keep the blogs coming. nks

    ReplyDelete